Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Grandma,Granny,Nana? Grandpa, Gramps, Papa?


Regardless of which name we choose to use...that's what we are! Grandparents! Early Sunday morning we got a call from Brad and Michelle who let us know they were on the way to the hospital because Michelle's water had broken. This was great news because the baby was two weeks and one day early! We had all been hopeful that little William would come early, but since he was a first baby we tried not to have our hopes up! But he wanted out and out he came around 10:30 Sunday morning. I don't usually take my cell phone to church, but I did on Sunday and was glad I did because we got play by play texts like..".She's dilated to a 10...she will start pushing in about and hour" and "she's starting to push". It was a little bit heard to concentrate on Isaiah in Sunday School and the Relief Sodiety lesson because of the anticipation! Steve even wanted to stay in Relief Society for awhile, because he can't get texts on his phone. I assured him I would come and let him know if anything happened. We didn't get the final text that he was born until after we got home from church and then there was much celebration on our part! Thank goodness for technology because just an hour or so after he entered this world we were looking at him via skype on the computer. What a blessing that is when you have family across the country. He weighed 7 lb. 4 oz. and is 20" long and has beautiful chubby cheeks! Birth is truly a miracle and I am so grateful that both Michelle and William Peter Pearson are healthy and strong!




3 comments:

Savage said...

GRAMLEEN! Congrats! I am so happy for your family he looks so cute and sweet! Good that he came two weeks early he would have been a monster baby! Love,love the chubby cheeks and michelle looks beautiful, and Brad looks like a cute Daddy all ready!

Reese said...

So fun to see the pictures! Congratulations to you and Steve and to the cute parents. I think I have to put my vote in for Gramleen as well.....we just need to come up with something for Steve that is equally awesome.

Sina said...

Gorgeous photos Gramleen! I love seeing new Moms and Dads kiss and cuddle their new little ones. Congrats to you and Steve and Brad and Michelle. How very exciting. Maybe we can call Steve - GrampSte. I think that sounds good - Gramleen and GrampSte!!