Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Feeling Old!

I have always felt pretty young...I mean why wouldn't I? I have always been able to go out and run 5 miles whenever I want with virtually no pain (ok sometimes there's a little, but nothing to complain about), I have a lot of friends who are still in their 30's so when I am with them I feel like I am their age, I work with the Young Women and they keep me young and I can still sleep through the night (most of the time) without getting up to go to the bathroom! Well now that I have said all that...I don't feel young anymore! Why you ask? Two things:

1. My oldest son Brad and his wife are only a few weeks away from having a baby...which would mean I am going to be a Grandma!



2. My youngest daughter Jane just turned 12 and is now a Young Woman....Yikes

So even if I feel young and can run around with young people, I am not young anymore...in fact I am officially middle-aged! But I have decided that that's ok because I am super excited to be a Grandma and it's fun to have a 12 year old who keeps us laughing all of the time with her jokes and clever remarks. So three cheers for being OLD!









Jane's friends came to her birthday party dressed crazy which is how Jane wanted it...They all had a great time and the house was even all in one piece when they left that night!

2 comments:

Savage said...

Happy Birthday Jane and Happy almost Grandma! You look so cute and tan, I am so excited for Brad and michelle what lucky kids they are to have a Grandma pants like you! Let me not forget to remind Cousin Steve that he will be every bit as awesome!

G-bird said...

Yeah Jane! Hope you had a great day! You get prettier and prettier. (That sounds a little "countrified hickish"... your Dad will totally understand it.) You are tons of fun and I have loved getting to know you my little 2nd CUZ.
So here's what I am thinking... whoever holds the titles for most awesome and amazing Grandma and Grandpa better be for steppin' aside! Love you all!