Tuesday, November 18, 2008

New kitchen...finally!

Well we are finally in our new kitchen and have moved out of the dining room. We even had company over for dinner on Sunday and ate in a clutter-free dining room. I am so happy with the outcome of our kitchen. I have a lot more space even though we only added about 6 more inches all the way around the room by taking out the soffit on top. I still have some empty drawers and cupboards which makes me very happy! We still need to add one more coat of paint to the walls because they got a little nicked up while the cabinets were installed and the hardwood floors will be refinished next week while we are on vacation so we will come home to a dusty mess, but nice shiny floors. I am also adding a hardwood border in the dining room and putting a piece of decorative carpet in the middle where the table is. That will really spruce up that room since we still have the original carpet in their and it really has seen better days. It is gross right now since we were living in there through the remodel! So enjoy the pictures of the new kitchen!





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I LOVE it!! I love the tile backsplash! I love it all! I am sure you are so glad and SOOOOOOOOOO happy! I will be patient but I can't wait to make some fix up's in our new place! Thanks for sharing pics!

little miss shortcake said...

that is one GORGEOUS kitchen!

Amy said...

It looks so nice Kathleen! Good job making it through a remodel--that is such a pain. You have excellent taste. It's beautiful.

Karena said...

I didn't know that you guys had a blog. The kitchen looks great. Soon you should have everyone over to Oooo and Awwwe.

Anne Pearson said...

oh mama. it is so lovely. i cannot wait to live there and eat upon that beautiful granite. oh and it took me awhile to find the fridge. good blending. :)