Sunday, September 7, 2008

BACK TO SCHOOL!

August 26 was an exciting and sad day all at once! Sad that summer came to an abrupt halt with school starting and exciting because school started! I love summer time so I am always sad when those somewhat lazy days are over and we have to get back on a schedule again. But then getting back on a schedule feels good as well and I seem to get a lot more accomplished so it definitely is a catch 22! We only have three children left at home as we left our oldest two, Brad and Anne, in Utah to go to BYU.

Ben is a senior this year which is so hard to believe...but of course he is so excited to think that in a few short months he will be finished and be able to go to BYU to join his brother and sister (that is his goal anyway!)

Becca is excited to be starting her freshman year in high school, but with that comes a little nervousness and anxious anticipation of the unknown. She and Ben started seminary this week which means we are all getting up at 5:15 each morning so that they can be out the door at 5:55....OH THAT IS SOOOOO EARLY! Needless to say there is not a lot of talking going on when we pass each other in the wee hours of the morning!

Last to leave in the morning is Jane, our fourth grader, and she is as happy as a clam (who even knows if clams are really all that happy anyway?) to get on the bus and join her friends in Mrs. Croskey's class. She loves to do her schoolwork and she is very conscientious about it.

I am so sad that our family is growing older and I want to put a stop to it right now, but I don't think that is possible! When Brad graduated from high school three years ago, I knew that the other children were right behind him and that I wouldn't be able to stop what was already in motion. I am so happy that all of the children are making such great choices ...choices that will bring them happiness now and in the future. Even though they are leaving me too fast I can at least feel peaceful that they are prepared for life and that they will do well with whatever life brings them!




1 comment:

Amy said...

Cute pictures. I am sure it is crazy when your kids get big--that seems so far away for me but I know it will go fast. I can't even imagine what it would be like to send EVERYONE to school all day--where would I even begin on all my long lost projects??? :)